stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Sunday, January 15, 2006

every little girl deserves one. can't thank god enough for mine. this one is for you .

saw in her shoes. cried the entire second half. don't know what it is with me and movies. in real life i hardly ever cry. of course i feel bad, but then i rationalise the situation, the action etc. but nothing gets me to tears. almost. but give me a movie, any movie and i will at the very least shed a few tears.

anyways, the speech at the wedding would stay with me always. but the part where i shed the most tears and which by inference touched me the most was maggie (younger sister) telling simon (fiancee) little bits about rose (elder sister) the day before the wedding. and simon telling her, for each one of those bits, that he already knows.

and her understanding silence. the unsaid thing.

you may think you know her but i only wish that one day you know her and understand her the way i do.

the same prayer i said exactly three years back, the day you got married. and this one got answered.

ps: we look so similar and yet so different, we have lived the same yet varied lives, and like i remind you often i am amongst the only two people you share hundred percent of your blood with.

pss: i carry your heart with me, i carry it in my heart

(i know you think much of my literary genius but this last line is by ee cummings)

10 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Beautiful tribute to your sister. I don't have one. But I suspect my life would have been totally different if I did. And I think for the better.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Pooja said...

awwwwwwwww!! howl and cry!!! ah i cried like a mad baby in the second half too..sadly the chics i went for the movie with didnt have sisters the unfortunate souls!! i msged ditty the moment i got out of the theatre..god bless sisters and the scummy men that they date...hope ditty doesnt read the last bit!! she doesnt like the speech i give the men in her life, she thinks its tooooo violent! i beg to differ!

6:15 PM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

i have to watch this movie!
wish i had a sister!! i envy that bond that forms between them.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Hey, it is so good to read your blog; you are just so kind about people. Oddly enough, I had a big fight with my sister tonight; I needed this. But hey, Pink, sisters can be a real pain sometimes, especially during sibling rivalry!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Vijayeta said...

OK, This is it! I'm watching the film tonight itself! Been postponing it for long now...
:)

12:52 PM  
Blogger velvetgunther said...

I don't have a sis

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont know the movie that you are talking about nut am sure that its super senti.

i liked your blog entry.....quite entertaining and heart warming; especially with the little personal bits.

after quite a while yuou have written something i enjoyed reading.

desert-ed

2:40 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

goldenibb: ;( I know. But am sure there are things like girlfriends, bloggermates et all filling in the space

ditty and poo: even I missed my siter like mad and made a resolve when she visits in February we are watching this movie together. you should do that too! and i bet she is going to be like "its good but what was all the fuss about" thats why I love her

pink: and then you know there are soul sisters :)

cv: hope things are better . you know what they say "you just have to find a way when it's family"

V: hope you liked it. i know i have oversold it some. btw do you have a sister?

velvet: and you are not even a girl. i think the bond between sisters is what i was refering to.

anonymous (a): of course it is super senti. and glad to oblige !

7:29 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

If you liked the movie, read the book. The movie Hollywoodised the story to a certain extent. The book is way better.

PS: I stayed up till seven in the morning reading the book, which I got for Christmas.

7:03 AM  
Blogger lemontree said...

Jenn: Thanks for the suggestion. Guess what while i was watching the movbie, my sister in really another part of the world was reading the book , which gladdened my heart some :)

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home