stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Monday, October 31, 2005

This Diwali

I have realised that I like playing cards more with people I have played before with. However it is important to add more people in the card human pyramid as some people may lose interest , quit playing or move away next Diwali.

I like a game to end with one big winner and a number of small losers rather than the other way round.

I do not like winning from younger people. Though there is nothing I can do about it.

I like winning from stuck up players. Players who have a loud opinion on everything. Who will suggest when they join the table that you play anti-clockwise, when everyone has been playing clock-wise or who will argue about Ace, Two, Three being higher than Ace , King, Queen. On my part I don't care as far as everyone else on the table is ok and agreeable. But for all those who argue lets rest it once and for all. King vs Two. What is higher? Can there be two points of view?

It is nice to temper diwali with things other than playing cards. Puja and Aditi do not play cards. And had some really nice moments with them over the weekend.

Due to the Saturday blasts (which I refuse to call 29/10- too gimicky) did not go to the card do in gurgaon. And due to an insane conversation with dad was given to belive that its best to be home as there may be a curfew , and you wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere else on diwali. Aditi came over. Did not want her to spend Diwali by herself in the hostel incase the worst happened. And with school-girl excitement the two of us watched Karmasutra. I saw the movie when it was released with Puja and Mansi. I remember loving it then. All in the name of art.
Now i love the movie. Period. HeHe. I think it is a bigger turn on then blue movies which continue to gross me out.

On Sunday post gymming met up with Puja. And we had the best time. Planned some dinners, which given our previous plans have a slim chance of ever happening, but were great planning. Complete with the ambience, guest list, decor etc. Checked out the new music system in her bar for one of those dinners. The system rocks.
Then we went out and got pedicures. Post which went looking for dhaba chai but settled at Barista for a cup of honey ginger tea. Felt teenagy and girly and best friendy. Except that when we were teenagers I don't remember getting a pedicure. And there were no Baristas.

Foot note:
What happened on Saturday was terrible. Should not have happened. However a thought I have sometimes voiced and sometimes not over the past 2 days whenever someone said "How will they sleep tonight?"

To them we are the enemy. And their goal is to destroy the enemy.
The question I really seek an answer to is that given their motivation, their sense of right and wrong , in the pursuit of their goals (which are likely to be worthy goals in their worlds)when they have done what they have done, would the Gods also forgive them. The Gods who have complete view of all sides. Do we feel angry only because we don't see the complete picture.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vijayeta said...

Heyyyyy! Yes, i noticed yr page was not available for quite some time. Thanks for the comments. I'll post within this week sometime :) Just been busy and travelling and viral...in that order!
But glad to have found yr link again... :)
V
PS. I just went to my neighborhood Barista looking for Ginger-Honey tea. Its no longer available :(

1:25 AM  
Blogger rashmig11 said...

You write pretty well.

10:30 AM  
Blogger DiTtY said...

*sigh* Even though we didnt have Baristas at every corner and never got pedicures, I am so sure I wouldn't want to change a thing about my teenage years or college! I'd take whiling-away-time-at-Dilli-haat anyday over a coffee at Barista! :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Vijayeta said...

I posted my Part 8 :)

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

missing dli. missing the winters. missing hanging out with the girls.

and also missing the point of the blasts. how could the death of 20,30,40, any amount of people serve ANY purpose. like you said they obviously have a purpose they believe in. but what on earth is it??? did they at some point loose a brother, mother, sister to which they seek revenge? if so, does screwing it up for somebody else feel better? no.
neha

1:12 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

vijayeta: read your post. loved it but missed that man.
hummmm, my page not avaiable :( that's technology and barista withdrawing ginger honey tea :( :(

quietcreak: thanks
*blush*

ditty: true. the romance of dhaba ki chai and saving to go to a real coffee shop (machan ofcourse)- imagine not having that. but i guess each generation has its own icons and legacies and romances

neha: missing you tons
and need your address urgently
and about the blasts
quoting hugh prather (from memory- so close not exact)

if i am capable of doing it it becomes acceptable and if i am not then its worthy of punishment
so white lies are ok and stealing is not
who defines the boundaries

not that i agree with people killing people- but i do belive their sense of reality and the world is very different from ours and in their world they are as right as we in ours

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home