stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

no recommendation

read this book recently which i really liked- true and outstanding adventures of the hunt sisters.
what made it really special was the fact that i picked up on my own at a bangalore book store. the book had nothing recommending it - had not heard of the author , neither did i know anyone who had read it. so wasn't expected to like it- no pressures from anyone

it came into my life just because i happened to find it when it was reaching out. so much more special than some much better books from the bestsellers list.

quite like certain friendships which happen in a snap- when and where you least expect them- in the middle of an academic year, on holidays, at the gym. where the peripherals may seem much unlike you and while peeling through you find the commonalities. the differences helping keep the relationship more alive and spontaneous.

no recommendations and no strings.

1 Comments:

Blogger that girl in pink said...

ok, this is weird! i picked up the same book, at bangalore aiport, without reccomendation. i think i liked the title and the cover caught my eye. Really enjoyed it myself.
anyway, how weird is that eh?

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home