stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Bombay (kind of) rocks

Went to Bombay last week and since blogging is new in my life, like a new love it is occupying my hundred and ten percent mind space so came across a no. of things worth blogging about . However devoting individual blogs to them would be a little forced and a little overdoing it , so just writing a single unconnected (in parts) entry

Travelled kingfisher. Partly for the experience, mostly to be able to talk about that experience (haha). Anyhow it was awesome. Would recommend it to everyone. Firstly a return ticket to Bombay cost around 7400 odd rupees. So client should be happy. Reached the airport and felt truly priveleged with some boys in red helping me with my bags and treating me like a little princess. They carried my less than 5 pound weighing rug sack for me, helped me check in etc. For the men reading this, the women (air hostess) are hot. And they wear short red skirts. They are probably the same in terms of their looks as their jet counterparts but it seems mr. mallya has made sure that each of them got a really swanky hair cut and wears make up thats well done but has a lot of color. On haircuts I have finally cut my hair really short - and feel great- but that i think deserves another blog. Mr. Mallya even comes on your personal video screen in the aircraft and tells you that it is like u r visiting his home. Anyway got panic attacks during both landings- thought in my mind " Am I mad to trust my life in the hands of a party freak." Other than these cumulative five minutes was singing "We like to party" to myself thru and thru.

Visited my friends neha and xerces. They are both under thirty and have bought a place at carter road. All by themselves. Am awefully proud of them and wanted to take this appropriate opportunity to show off. (Macker and Nidhs don't get upset your places will get their mention too but not in a bombay post)

Through the windows of my aced cab i saw some street kids making a group around this van blaring "govinda ala re". Amongst them i spotted this one 6 year old girl wearing a rag skirt resembling a lehnega , with a rag cloth wrapped around her like a chuni. With (what looked like) her mom watching her from a distance. She felt appropriately dressed and she looked appropriately happy. She danced before everyone else and she spun the fastest. In that moment she owned the world. She was consciuosly and unconsciously the princess.

Went out for dinner with noddy and his girl, Pooja, to Apple. Nice place. Too nice. Had a great time though. Reliving our times and roles at MDI. Pooja put up with this rather well. She's a great person. Hope they get somewhere. By the way I wasn't affected at all. Given that we are great buddies. In general I don't get affected by my closest friends boy/girl friend. Guess I am not made that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home