stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Friday, April 23, 2010

cause I'd get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs, as they tried to teach me how to dance

It's been a while since I posted. In fact it has been over a year, almost two and now I am here to claim my virtual real estate back. So all you Chinese herbal remedy vendors, bugger off from my comment section, and sell your wares somewhere else.

OK now let me get to the point. Yes, I do have something to say.

Most of us spend our lives trying to be responsible, trying to deduce the logic, try to make sense of our actions, trying to rationalize our behavior, trying to be polite, trying to get our spellings right, trying hard to color inside the lines.

The other day I was thinking, that all of the above could be learnt. In fact it is what we are continuously taught and intern teach. What can't be learnt is actually quite the opposite.

To act from the gut, to be irresponsible, to act irrationally, to say what you feel, to think out loud, to not suppress the ‘kida’ inside. To color outside the lines.

You can learn, whenever you want, to color inside the lines. So for as long as you will, enjoy coloring outside!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U rock!
\^^/

Sangeeta

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it!!agree with it!! often try to practice it!! But the learnt behavior takes over. It's so interesting that coloring outside is so much easier, yet the brain instructs to color inside, to do things the more challenging way, not break everything down into pieces. Need to get the gut activated for longer periods of time! love it Shefali! :)

Richa

8:04 PM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

so true lemontree!! unfortunately, i think some of us are so far moulded into adults, it would really take some serious work to un-mould and go back to colouring outside the lines.

by the way, this is a really well-written post. i think the nearly two year break has done you good. now be more regular with your updates!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Hope you're back to your 'virtual real estate' for good.
Lovely post - as always.

Really good to have you write again. Don't go away this time.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemontree,
Glad to be reading your blog again. I agree with what you say, but advice on coloring outside the lines is a bit surprising coming from a person who believes that only white and black exist.

12:16 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

@ sangeeta, richa, pink and pixychik: thank you for reading me! and next blog within this week.

@anon (a): hey coloring outside the lines and belief in black and white- no apparent contradiciton

9:34 PM  
Blogger trippers dilemma said...

welcome back lemontree... and a grand entry :)

loved reading it and couldnt agree more. esp abt the 'kida' aspect of things.

Here's to trusting the lil voices inside us

1:00 AM  
Blogger lemontree said...

@tripper: thankie and cheers to trusting the lil voices!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home