stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Monday, March 05, 2007

Or else you're alone and then you suddenly dig, You're looking in someones eyes, you suddenly realize that this could be the start of something big

This pretty much sets the tone for 2007. I was visiting didi in the states December end and woke up to the start of an awesome 2007, and I have been feeling like I am walking a feet or two above the ground since. The world seems like a really nice place with nice people. No guys, I am not in love nor have I found that significant someone. Nothings really changed. (Sidenote: Except for a new laptop - read macbook ) But I am back. To a new beginning.

The US trip was complete with a wedding, trailers to the happy married life, a day in NYC by myself (which included watching mamma mia), and a basketball game.

This update could have alternately be titled "I show you.." . This title lost by a very small margin, basically for the sake of continuity, of having song titles/lyrics as blog titles (In case you hadn't notice). Ananya, my two year old niece, when I would be trying to help her with something- anything, would try and take it away from me and repeat "I show you, I show you..." . This whiny request would get louder and could even become a scream. Now whenever the gym instructor is teaching me a new exercise and I am short of patience, or I want to explain exactly where to find the phone book setting on the motorazr, I continue to nod my head and follow through, but somewhere I can loudly hear the two and a half year old child within me screaming out impatiently and with all honesty, "I show you..."

Cheers to that and to 2007!

And hey , thanks for insisting I write. Feeling good.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! And thanks... Now I want to see more of it :-)

8:05 PM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

welcome back!! we thought we'd lost you forever!!! :)
here's wishing lemon and all her readers (that includes me) a great 2007. may all our dreams come true. amen.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Deliciously Alive said...

A new post!
Hallelujah and thank you, Lemon! ;)
Great to read about the lovely time you’ve been having and here’s wishing the year continues in the same, if not better, vein!
Welcome back! You were missed! :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Welcome back

And now don't go away. we need you around here...

And like always, i love what you write about and your upbeatness...

10:57 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Heyyy Lemon,
Wonderful to have you back here....
Now, dont you go missing again! We like reading your posts:-)
Saw Tuesday's with Morrie on HBO. Loved the movie...:-)
And hey, hope have you a fabulous 2007 :-)
Keep blogging:-)

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey lemon,
your positivity is so damn infectious! your my low-day fix :)
don't dissappear girl.
nm.

6:11 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

10: thank you and officially welcome to my space

pink:amen to that and now that i can ask: when am i reading u?

quicksilver: thanks. for reading and for missing me!

taraa: thank you !

iris: thanks! missed your visits!

nm: am so glad you commented! pink - does that put me in the lead...lol

6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey you bet the year is good and thats how it should remain. I want you to be happy and well you are missed if you know what i mean

9:35 AM  
Blogger lemontree said...

didi: :)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

Missed the recent action around here... I'm actually glad there was some (action) and definitely love the new spirit around here...

May the good times keep rolling... :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger lemontree said...

seashells: thanks and am really glad to see you still visit!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home