stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Runaway train never going back. Wrong way on a one way track. Seems like I should be getting somewhere, Somehow I'm neither here no there

I have nine headaches. Each has a different name. And they wont go, not in a hurry. My eyes fall on the vase. There are seven yellow zebras. I can treat them with the zebras. But I am two zebras short. Michael and John are still here. They have decided to keep me company through the night. I avoid them and start counting the stars in the sky. I spot Nancy. She begins a conversation. She is on their side. She joins them on my crowded bed. I try ignoring them. They are pulling at my pillow. I throw the pillow to the ground. I twist and turn. I pull the cover to my head. But now they are watching television and it is to loud. I want to sleep. I want to be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning and go to work. That will make me feel better. Now the three of them start laughing. Work will make her feel better. Has she thought of where she is going? I start singing to myself. Something we used to sing in my school assembly. They get bored. I see them leaving from the corner of my eye. Now I can hear the clock. Its making too much noise. I need to pull out the battery. But I don't have the strength. To move . Or to scream.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

OK, either that was fictional (I can't imagine you allowing all these people to make havoc in your place) or you have some really screwed up friends. But I only counted three. Not nine. You are one symbolic writer, Lemon.

Hope the headaches resolve themselves.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

If Michael, John and Nancy have left, then u have 7 zebras for 6 headaches... I dont see a problem there :) Cheer up, nothing lasts forever, not even the headaches :)

2:19 AM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

lemon, that post was fun to read!! and it didn't make a lot of sense which was kinda great!! it was just like a crazy alice in wonderland state to be in!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Please continue to look at the stars, the moon, the sun, the birds.....so many of them are on your side:-))))))))))))))
If you 9 headaches, there are atleast 9000 such things like the zebra to treat tehm......Look around Lemon and you'll have endless reasons to smile:-))))))))

2:06 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Go to emergency and ask for nine different pain relievers. One has to work.

10:47 PM  
Blogger micro said...

This peice, I feel, should not be taken to literaly... as if that would be possible, well maybe the coment about Alice In Wonderland was formed through that approach but really you may not be very far off the mark just for the wrong reasons.
I came across this writing accidentally and I am glad I found it though. This is very articulate for the subject mater I beleive is being discussed, an introspective look at the human psyche trying to cope with the barrage of demands the modern world places on us. just remember if you have to ask you'll never know think about it.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home