stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The book of love is long and boring, And written very long ago, It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes, And things we're all too young to know

In a few hours (two to be precise) both my dad and me add another candle to our birthday cake. Yes, among many other real and virtual things we also share our birthday. Anyway that was a (interesting) diversion right at the beginning. Back to the real story (?).

As a kid (till last year) I would do a whole priority thing in my head right before blowing the candles and wish for just one most important thing. There was no way I would want god to think I was greedy (lest he get angry) and neither did I want to distract him by giving him too many options. And even though some of them still did not some true, I will still continue to do the priority thing as a blow off the candles. I thought let me just put the whole exhaustive list right here. This is not in any particular order.

So what does this 28 year old wish the 29 year old ?


The sense of freedom to push the limits and do some completely wild things
The curiosity to explore a new interest
The will power to stand the test of time and change that one thing
Restfulness in spirit to enjoy some moments of self sought solitude
The innocence/ experience to trust family and friendships blindly
A personal witness to everything in life- the good things, the bad things, the special, the mundane

While some of this may seem a little vague and big picturish, when you read between the lines they are all really specific wishes, specific parts which make up the whole. And I will do an update on what unfolds, same time next year.

16 Comments:

Blogger Trevor Penn said...

Tell you what, you pick your priority wish, and i'll wish the rest for you... Deal ???

Happy Birthday :)

Blow your candle now...

4:23 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Birthday.

Am very impressed by your wishes.

Yeah I do see how they feed into that one overarching wish. When you forget to watch for it, it lands up at your doorstep...

Have a great day! And year.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

What a great wish list. And I like your idea. I will still it on my birthday. I'll add my energy to yours that they all come true.

Happy Birthday!

3:53 AM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

happy birthday lemon!!
your list...it doesn't sound vague at all. i totally get it.
also love the idea of putting down my list of wishes on my birthday and then checking back to see how i fared a year later.

p.s.here's wishing all your wishes come true.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Deliciously Alive said...

Belated Birthday Wishes!:)))))))

5:29 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

seashells: thanks honey! that makes my normal non-fuss-making-self go "so sweet...."
btw when is your happy... i remember you are a gemini


jenn: hey thanks! and i remember the bit about not looking and finding, so i am reminding myself constantly don't look don't look., but that ofcourse is not the same as not looking....lol

iris: many thanks :)

golden: thanks for the energy flow..! and wait to read your list

pink: thank you honey! and I so want to read your list. I have been thinking since a no. of birthdays to write myself a letter and then open it the next year to see how I fared, but this is the first time...

silver: thank you and hope you have a happy-day tommorrow!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

you're welcome... :) My not so happy day was not so long back... it was the day of my last post. I hope you had a fun day.

9:11 AM  
Blogger my life.... said...

happy birthday to u and yr dad, gal :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

hey happy angel (my life...): many thanks for the wishes and welcome to my space

3:01 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Dear Lemmontree

you will have to forgive me for not having known/ remembered that it was your birthday!!! Though come to think of it all day that day i had a nagging feeling i'd forgotten something important!! :(

Really, really sorry, And hope it was super-duper fun.

Isn't a repeat of December 2005 on your wish-list? I'm totally dying to go back to that haven!

12:02 AM  
Blogger lemontree said...

hey renz: you are completely and absolutely forgiven. and the nagging doubt makes me smile. see we are connected in a more real way!!

Ofcourse a repeat of Dec 2005 and a couple of evenings at the Park are the assumed add ons.
God, hope am not sounding too greedy ;)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Nancy Pants said...

Thanx for the compliment and for stopping by!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger lemontree said...

hey nance: welcome to my space

11:59 AM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

How is it possible?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Vijayeta said...

It was your birthday??? And i have no idea how i missed this post!
I'm sorrrrryyyyy :(
But Belated Happy Birthday...and the cake looks sooo yummy!
Keep on Rocking, babe!
:D

10:45 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

Hey vij
Thanks for the wishes and I really like the poster image- it rocks.
Lemon

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home