stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Monday, September 04, 2006

The future's in the air, I can feel it everywhere, blowing with the wind of change

A line in my horoscope reads 'nothing will remain the same'. I notice it.

I delete all the messages in my mobile by mistake.

I find my new visiting cards on my desk.

My room is being painted white.

I only read fiction, but the last three books I have read are Maximum City, Bringing Down the House and Freakonomics.

I finally have reason to change my password.

My operative time clock is changing. I still revere my past but I have a crush on my today.

PS: Ananya, truned two on 25th August. Wishing her the naughtiest year ahead.

13 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Yeah, I guess it IS the Winds of change:-))))))))))

4:38 PM  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

good to have you write again after one whole month. And, i absolutely love the line "I still revere my past but i have a crush on my today"... perhaps a longing for t'row too ???? :)

11:55 PM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

:-D that's a nice way of approaching things cuz come to think of it, nothing ever does remian the same, does it?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

And yeah, your writing has changed too:-))))))))
It's kinda deep!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love change. Except when I don't.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Shujoy said...

What is changing? You or the times? Or as you've so lucidly put, your operative time clock?

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

toffee...you outdo yourself ...lovely piece ... and all of us think you reflect our feelings perhaps the best... the best... we love you... yaya sisterhood

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing piece shefali...

2:56 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

iris: and the winds contune to be blowing. slowly but strongly. and thank you.

seashells: the future and a hope and a longing- you read between the lines... and thank you sweetheart

pink: yup, i guess nothings constant except change, but thank god for that!

jenn: well worded. and ditto.

shujoy: the energies around me, 'me' and more than anything else my perspective

anon (ada): thanks hunna.

anon 2: thanks. but given that u know me please tell me who you are. ok pretty please.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like being called anon 2. how can u not know, shefali?

3:26 PM  
Blogger Deliciously Alive said...

Change is always good!Hope yours is brilliant!:))))

Tra,La,La!(Your post made me happy)

:))))))

P:S:Wishing Ananya a great year ahead:)

11:03 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

anon 2: i can't imagine anyone liking being called anon 2. but i guess each to his own. :)

quicksilver: hey thanks ....

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home