stayingafloat

the 23 year me would have called me psychotic, but the 28 year old me and the 16 year me is in love with the me today

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I've been awake for a while now, You've got me feelin' like a child now, 'Cause everytime I see your bubbly face, I get the tingles in a silly place


I believe in the power of belief. Yes, I believe in The Secret. I agree that we think our life before we live it. And we live it exactly as we imagine it. As we thought it. And in this way we really choose it. On retrospect it is even more evident.

I believe I am blessed and privileged for most part. I have my happy lenses. I am surrounded by friends and family whom I can trust blindly and with eyes wide open. I make friends easily. My human pyramid is well balanced. I mostly love what I do for a living. Always have. And more often than not, do it decently well.

And because I believe this, my life is pretty much a proof of this hypothesis. I have never had to struggle with people, work or life in general.

Now I tried to apply this, consciously, to the less effortless part of my life. And that's where there seems to be an issue. It is not so simple. You can't fake belief. I tried. It doesn't work. You can't consciously guide your conscience. You can't fool the gut. There is no room for Doubting Thomases. The way out seems to be in dealing with the Doubting Thomases. Solving for them. Removing the obstacles - real or imagined. Cleaning the cobwebs. And then making room for belief.

The kind of belief that is complete in itself. That unwavering belief that does not need you to touch a lot of wood. Belief that does not need logic as backup. Belief that does not look for signs to reaffirm.

If I can think it, then i can do it. If I just believe it, there's nothing to it , I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear lt
i think the blog entry touches pertinent points but is incomplete......seems like you are holding back......hoping read a sequel to this soon.
regards
me

PS -- great to have you back!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Afterglow said...

And the plot unfolds!

12:32 AM  
Blogger ± said...

Belief is not easy.
But living without it is even tougher.

Welcome back.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home